Thursday, July 26, 2012

Ten Games To Look Forward To This Season



Now that the NBA schedule has come out, lets take a look at a few can’t miss days. What game are you looking forward to most? Let me know what you think of my picks, did I miss any? Let me know in the comments.


Celtics @ Heat - 10/30/12
Not only is this a revisit of the Eastern Conference Finals matchup, these teams have bad blood. Especially, since one of the “Big 3”, Ray Allen, is now on the Heat. The NBA knows
what they are doing on opening night.





Wizards @ Cavaliers - 10/30/12
See, I told you! NBA totally knows what they are doing!! I can’t wait to see these teams, who may or may not make the playoffs, battle it out on one of the most important games of the season!!! (I am kinda excited to see the two backcourts go at it….)

Thunder @ Spurs – 11/1/12
In my opinion, the most entertaining series of last year’s playoffs was this one. I am excited to see two serious minded teams play basketball the RIGHT way. It truly is a beautiful thing.

Knicks @ Nets - 11/1/12
A little cross town rivalry is always good for competition. With the Nets just moving into the New York area, there’ll be a battle for fans even on the opening game. It is going to be interesting to see how the crowd reacts. This should be a toughly contested game.

Clippers @ Lakers 11/2/12
Remember when I said a little cross town rivalry is good for competition? Now that these two teams both have serious talent, this should be a good matchup.

Magic @ Nets (Only if Dwight plays in that game) – 11/11/12
If you don’t know why, Google Dwight Howard news.

 



Rockets @ Knicks – 12/17/12
With all the controversy around Jeremy Lin signing an offer sheet and eventually a contract, I am looking forward to the Knicks’s fans booing Jeremy Lin for not very good reasons. It is sad seeing one of the most exciting things that happened to your team leave suddenly for nothing, but I think the onuses is on management for letting emotion cloud their judgment. I know the list is a little New York heavy, with the Knicks and the Nets appearing multiple times, but there are some good story lines coming out of there.

Lakers @ Phoenix – 1/30/13
For the very opposite reason that I am looking forward to/dreading the last game, it will be great to see Nash return home to his Phoenix fans. I expect a warm and emotional welcome. They may not be so excited to see him for the next matchup…

Heat @ Thunder - 2/14/13
Tell your sweetie that you are booked for Valentine’s Day, because this is last year’s final matchup and might very well be this year’s as well. Make sure to get her something good to make up for it, but trust me, it’ll be worth it.

Bucks @ Golden State - 3/9/13
I am sure Monta Ellis is looking to prove himself again and show the Bucks that they made the wrong choice trading him away. With the large trade that happened between these two teams last year, seeing these guys go at their old teams is going to be awesome.

Derrick Rose’s First Game Back - Your Guess Is As Good As Mine ( Bulls fans)
With the injury Derrick Rose suffered in last year’s playoff opener, I am really looking forward to when/if Derrick Rose makes his return (though it may not mean as much, since it usually takes athletes about 2 years to become full strength). Seeing Derrick Rose play will give some indication upon his future effectiveness. Get use to seeing a lot of this Bull’s fans…


2 comments:

  1. Since I am a Bulls fan I am obviously looking forward to seeing when D Rose returns ( go Bulls!!!!). Other than that, I'm looking forward to seeing the Heat and the Thunder play and the Thunder hopefully killing the Heat. Can't wait till the season starts!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to have to disagree with the Magic @ Nets game and ssay that you should 100% NOT google Dwight Howard news. No one. Ever. Never ever.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, questions, ideas? Just want to tell me I'm an idiot? Cool!