Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Latest Derrick Rose Ad: The Return of Derrick Rose



Here's the latest Adidas ad starring Derrick Rose (This is still my favorite one) . As a big Bulls fan it's pretty inspirational to see D Rose rehabilitate after the devastating ACL tear.Though I think it would be a whole lot less interesting watching him rehab without the intense music & montage.  But even I think that Derrick may have been a little over dramatic when he said that "it was the closest to death I've got to right there."  

If you didn't already know, Adidas's two major sponsorships in the NBA are with Dwight Howard & Derrick Rose (other than Joel Przybilla of course). Interesting to me that they went with Derrick Rose, the unassuming quiet kid that was considered difficult to market not so long ago, over Dwight Howard, the Gregorius goofy GIGANTICALLY marketable personalty. We all know that Dwight's public relations have taken a slip due to the "Dwightmare" (for obvious reasons), but what's even more astonishing is Derrick Rose's rise to one of the most popular NBA players...I guess winning an MVP does that for you. I guess it's your turn, Dwight. That would certainly do a lot to help repair your reputation.

Just do me a favor Derrick, don't mention being "all in". That brings back the 2011 White Sox memories. Good to know they are spending the money they make with the Bulls wisely...good job guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, questions, ideas? Just want to tell me I'm an idiot? Cool!